Designer / Front End Developer
Universal Music Direct is part of Universal Music Group and works with many of the world’s top record labels, marketing, CRM and digital teams to create innovative products and engaging online experiences, in order to rapidly expand the D2C / E-Commerce retail presence.
With over 200 stores for some of the world’s top artists / groups as well as one of the UK’s largest multi-artist / label music stores – all running on a bespoke white-label D2C / E-Commerce platform - you’ll be working in a truly fast-paced environment with some amazing brands and opportunities for growth.
Along with our current and future European and International expansions, integrations with 3rd party services, applications and artist websites, we are constantly striving to improve the platform and customer experience.
We believe that our key to success is: placing the user first, implementing excellent design and visual communication, taking concepts from wireframes to prototype to implementation, building mobile first with progressive enhancement, constantly iterating on platform usability and helping to assist the business make data driven decisions based on analysis, measurement, reporting and testing.
We work with 27” iMacs, Adobe Creative Suite, Sublime Text, Sketch App and a variety of Command Line Tools. Our current front end stack consists of tools, preprocessors and build systems like SASS, Git, Jekyll, Liquid, Velocity, Markdown, Grunt, etc. We enjoy finding ways to improve our process and making everyone’s life easier.
So we’re looking for a hybrid designer / front end developer who:
- Has experience in designing mobile first / responsive from the ground up
- Is comfortable managing their own projects as well as working closely with the rest of the team
- Can effectively communicate ideas
- Has a passion for designing elegant solutions to complex problems
- Can hand-code HTML and CSS rather than relying on set themes / templates / plugins
- Understands and can describe concepts like semantics, accessibility, progressive enhancement, feature detection
- Has the right attitude and can give (and receive) constructive criticism
- Any previous experience with E-Commerce and Analytics is not essential but will be highly regarded
You will have commercial experience and an outstanding online portfolio that showcases your talents and commercial projects. For this you’ll be rewarded with benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Free on-site gym and fitness classes
- Employee benefits: half-price Spotify, private health care options, etc.
- Gig ticket allowance
Please send your CV and a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com.
Any applications without a portfolio will not be considered.